Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love ALWAYS Conquers Evil

          The terrible and senseless attack at the Boston Marathon yesterday reminds us that evil does, in fact, exist in this world, and it returns us to the seemingly unanswerable question: why?  I can't answer that.  But I can say with conviction that love ALWAYS conquers evil.  I say that with conviction not only because I believe that the loving self-sacrifice of the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ conquers evil, but because I see love stand tall and strong against evil every time evil rears its ugly head.  I see love conquer evil in the rescue workers and volunteers who put themselves in harm's way to help the injured.  I see love conquer evil in the people who donated blood and in the medical professionals who jumped into action to treat the injured.  And I see love conquer evil in the prayers that are being offered in Churches and around dinner tables, that are rocketing through cyberspace and are storming the heavens.    

          May the light of Christ lead the dead to their heavenly homeland. May the peace of Christ bring healing and strength to the injured and all effected by the attack.  And may the Sacred Heart of Jesus give us the hope and conviction that love ALWAYS conquers evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is listening . . . comment accordingly.