Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Welcome!



Welcome to the Ambo and thank you for visiting.  The inspiration for this blog comes largely from:  

          Pope Benedict XVI, who has challenged the Church to engage in "New Evangelization" through all forms of communication, including social media.  I figured, if the Pope can Tweet, I can blog;

          My wife, whose ego-boosting encouragement helps me overcome my self-consciousness;

          My parishioners, who ask great questions and motivate me to keep learning and to share what I learn; and

          Some pretty great bloggers – check out the links to some of my favorite blogs on the right side of this page.

I’d love to add the Holy Spirit to this list, but I’ll let you decide on that one.

I’ll use this blog to post some of my homilies and to comment on books, movies, art, news and, well, “just about anything.”  I hope you find it engaging and useful. 

I have disabled the comment function because it’s just too difficult and time consuming to monitor comments.  Unfortunately, a lot of vitriol travels through the blogosphere these days, and I don’t want it parking on my blog for even a minute.  I’ll blog about that some day.  If you’d like to contact me, you can use the email provided on this page.  Please use nice words, and I promise to do the same.