Sunday, November 24, 2013

I Thank You

+ For a life that brings me such great joy, even out of sorrow and tragedy.

+ For the stars and the moon that grace the night sky, and for the sunrise and sunset that make the sky burst with color.

+ For the miracle of creation that sustains me, and never ceases to amaze me.

+ For a wife who’s just sane enough to keep our life under control, but just crazy enough to keep it interesting.

+For two perfect little girls who go out of their way to let me know they love me, and who laugh at my stupid jokes (sometimes).

+For parents who raised me right, and for a brother and two sisters who together with me had a lot of fun trying not to be raised right.

+For my mother’s meatloaf, and my wife’s brisket.

+For friends who make me laugh, and neighbors who make me apple cake.

+ For men and women who risk their lives to protect me and my family, and for all who have died for our freedom.

+ For a Church with wonderful traditions and ancient rituals, and for chubby, squealing babies who remind us that our Church is alive and has a future.

+ For priests and deacons who show me the way to God, and for parishioners who show me the face of God.

+ For the gift of prayer, where I meet you in my heart.

For all of these things, and many, many more, my Dear God, I thank you.

What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

God is listening . . . comment accordingly.